Monday, October 11, 2010

Praying in the park – Monday 11th October 2010

M and I went to the local park for a play after kindy.  A little girl and her Mother were there enjoying the sun after a bleak winter.

M struck up a friendship with the little girl, as only a 3 and a half year can, and scored half a banana from the little girl’s Mum.  The mum and I struck up a conversation with each other and chatted about a variety of things.  As we chatted I learnt that she was at home with her children, was studying to become a nurse and had a 7 year old daughter in Grade 1 at primary school.  She and I chatted about the challenge of juggling all the various demands of being a Mum, student, etc and laughed about how people only saw us wearing one hat when in fact we wore many.

It was a nice chat and as we got ready to go I felt God prompt me to pray for her so I asked if I could pray for her and queried whether she had anything that she needed prayer for – she responded that she needed prayer for her exams, which funnily enough I had felt was the need before I asked. 

I placed my hand on her shoulder explaining that she may or may not feel anything but also explaining that I believed that God answered prayer. As I prayed, I released peace, joy and wisdom into her life, for an ease in her walk and for wisdom in how she juggled the many hats that she had to wear as Mother, student, wife etc.  As I prayed I felt that God let me know that she strived and was very thorough with her study – I asked her about this and she laughed and said yes that was her and so I again prayed into that point releasing more peace, and also an ability to put down the striving and worry when it was time to study.  I felt God then say  “that’s enough” and I encouraged her that it was possible to have peace, but yet have so much going on.  I wished her well and we all headed home … after a lovely play/pray in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment