Monday, February 14, 2011

My God is a healing God because God is Good Monday 14th February 2011

I saw a woman limping very badly as she walked in a rocking motion up the street with her friend.  I offered to pray explaining that I was a Christian.  She said she was a Christian and that I could pray for her.

I said I noticed her walk - she said that her walk reminded her of God … I hesitated thinking what madness that she would think this was from God to remind her of Him.  I said nothing to dispute her view, but asked if her hip was the problem.  She replied that she had suffered a stroke …

I told her my name and asked if I could place my hand on her to pray for healing and as I did I gently placed my hand on her shoulder … she seemed to be pull away and as she did ever so slightly she said “if it is God’s will”.  I said it was God will she be healed …

I asked the Holy Spirit to come, and thanked God that His word said that we would lay hands on the sick and they would be healed … she looked concerned.  I released healing in the name of Jesus and she seemed to rock a bit.  She then backed away saying quickly as she went … “if it is God’s will” … I replied, as she walked away, “it is God’s will” …

I knew to say nothing more - there was no point in arguing the case on the street. 

I left the encounter sad. 

This woman was a Christian, yet she believed that God had given her a limp to remember Him by … I later thought how I would feel if one of my children said I had hurt them on purpose, or let them be hurt and stay disabled, as a reminder for them of me …

Somehow, she had got it muddled. 

It was sad that she viewed God in such a way … as Jesus says:

If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! (Matt )

God did not give her that limp – and He did not want her to keep it!

I wish I could say she was healed there on the street.  I know God wanted her healed; otherwise He would not have had me stop to pray for her. 

She ran away and so I couldn’t ask … yet as I write I Have a sense of hope because perhaps she was healed … perhaps she will be healed … I know He would love to do it anyway, because …

God is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment