Friday, September 17, 2010

Starting a blog about my adventures with God ... September 2010

It has been suggested to me that I should blog these accounts of God's Goodness and my walk with God - I am going to give this a go although I am quite illiterate about blogs, twitters, computers etc ...

I will do my best.  So anyone who is reading this - please be patient and I will see how I get on doing this.

The main aim of all of this is to highlight God's goodness; His kindness; His mercy; His sense of humour; His love; His joy and His passion for us and those around us ... to highlight the sense of joy and the sheer excitement and fun of co-labouring with God, and how, if I can do this ... anyone can! 

It has been on my heart for some time to start writing up and sharing my adventures with God stories - the amazing startling joyful "wins" and the not so great but incredibly beneficial "learning experiences".

To date I have hesitated mainly due to time constraints and shyness about the journey ... but I am becoming increasingly convinced of the importance of getting over myself and getting on with God and celebrating what He is doing, and to get on with sharing these stories to encourage others to give it a go. I also believe that these stories belong to the Church as its inheritance - there is power in the testimony.

The stories are testimonies of God's Goodness, His love for the world (both saved and unsaved) and the absolute sheer joy and delight it can be in co-partnering with God to touch a lost and hurting world - one
person at a time.

When I started I figured if I just touched one a week that would be 52 people a year that have been touched - if 5 more start to do the same over 300 people would be touched per year for the Kingdom of God and we would be leaving deposits of the Kingdom of Heaven everywhere we go!

Imagine what an army of us could do!

I also figured even if the desired miracle did not occur each person at least had a love encounter, and I am amazed at how just stopping to pray for someone really touches people out there on the street, in the schools, in the shops!

I will start to post them as and when I manage to get them typed up. I will start with some old ones but they will all be dated. I will also change names of people if I feel it is better to do so to protect some of the identities of people out there - some of you may know them.

As I become a little more computer savvy regarding the web, it will become a little more "polished" but for now I thought I would just start and see where it goes ...
So, I encourage any of you to give walking with God a go ... and watch as God goes to work ... in and through you.  If you are anything like me you will be shocked, amazed and delighted at what He is willing to do in and through you ...

Its fun and it sure beats anything else I have done!

With blessings,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment